I would like to keep address-book-app away from the sync service. Today
it has a sync button only because we did not find a way yet to auto-sync
if the server side changes.

  Since we can have different address-books apps in the phone. In my
opinion the sync service should be configured on system-settings. Where
you can see all enabled-syncs, ask a new manual sync, check sync logs,
etc..

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to address-book-app in

  [system settings] syncing over 3G should be configurable and off by
  default

Status in sync-monitor:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Triaged
Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in sync-monitor package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-calendar-app package in Ubuntu:

  by default we should not perform a sync when not connected to wifi. in
  the future this should be a setting.

  desired resolution:

  In general Sync/background updates per up should be allowed in System
  Settings. However, switching off this functionality should be done per
  app basis, therefor should sit in App Settings.