gorman;459337 Wrote:
> Also, what about the fact that gapless playback is not necessarily
> perfect unless you rip inside iTunes? If you go the FLAC--->Nero AAC way
> you are not guaranteed perfect gaplessness.

FLAC->lame works just fine for all my gapless stuff (and I have a
LOT!).

> What about the fact the the on-the-fly playlist tool is ridiculous? No
> "play this next" option, in 2009? Come on... Rio Karma *still* has iPods
> beaten in too many areas when you restrict the field to music. :(
>
> To re-iterate, I own an iPod Touch, but for in-car use a properly
> integrated 2-DIN Squeezebox Touch would kick its ass anytime.

Agreed, ipod is far from the perfect portable player. But what I really
want is a better ipod (that I can carry around or use in the car) - not
a player that's attached to a 2 ton lump of metal. I remember when "car
phones" became "cell phones" and as far as I'm concerned "car stereos"
have already become "speakers for mp3 players". Just need a better mp3
player...

--
radish

'HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH!'
(HTTP://WWW.ADAMREEVE.COM/24IN24/)
http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric