aubuti;480475 Wrote:
> Yes, you can use the SB Touch as a controller for the SB Duet Receiver.
> But what you heard about 802.11g not being capable of streaming FLAC and
> SBC traffic at the same time is simply wrong. In some cases individual
> wifi networks have problems, but FLACs + SBC traffic is nowhere near
> maxing out an 11g network.

Thank you for the reply

As far as I know, the Touch is supplied with a infrared remote, so that
it will work with a Harmony, is this correct?.
If so, will I then be able to control a receiver via a harmony that
controls the touch? I assume it will work but I just want to make sure
it's possible.

Regarding audio streaming maxing out the network, I guess the guy
experiencing this was also using it heavily for downloading etc to cause
stuttering in the sound and slow response on the controller. At the
moment I have a 11b device on my network and with that on, I assume the
network will have trouble coping with the traffic (although I have
ordered a 2200bg mini PCI card for my GFs old thinkpad - dirt cheap at
the moment.
Even with that out of the way, I still feel more secure with wired
connection for the audio traffic and also the price for the controller
alone is very high compared to buying a controller+receiver set so its
hard to "justify" not getting the receiver also.

I have a (hopefully) final question:
When using the Touch to control the receiver, will it then also pull an
audio stream from the network because it assumes it's connected to an
amplifier, or is it possible to configure it in such a way that it will
ONLY function as a control device?

Thanks in advance

--
AndyK