AndyK;480686 Wrote:

> As far as I know, the Touch is supplied with a infrared remote, so that
> it will work with a Harmony, is this correct?.
> If so, will I then be able to control a receiver via a harmony that
> controls the touch?

Yes and yes.

> Regarding audio streaming maxing out the network, I guess the guy
> experiencing this was also using it heavily for downloading etc to cause
> stuttering in the sound and slow response on the controller. At the
> moment I have a 11b device on my network and with that on, I assume the
> network will have trouble coping with the traffic (although I have
> ordered a 2200bg mini PCI card for my GFs old thinkpad - dirt cheap at
> the moment.
> Even with that out of the way, I still feel more secure with wired
> connection for the audio traffic and also the price for the controller
> alone is very high compared to buying a controller+receiver set so its
> hard to "justify" not getting the receiver also.

So put the SBR in the bedroom as an extra zone. FLAC is a pretty
insignificant amount of traffic for a decent wireless network to carry,
and the Touch has a pretty big buffer.

> When using the Touch to control the receiver, will it then also pull an
> audio stream from the network because it assumes it's connected to an
> amplifier, or is it possible to configure it in such a way that it will
> ONLY function as a control device?

Think of the Touch as a player and controller in one box. Just because
the controller's doing something doesn't mean the player is - they're
entirely seperate. So if nothing has told the player to start playing,
it won't :)

--
radish

'HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH!'
(HTTP://WWW.ADAMREEVE.COM/24IN24/)
http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric