Thank you John, for your careful listening tests.

If I read you correctly, it seems that your recent FLAC tests seem to
favour the use of the Touch in standalone mode with TinySC :

JohnSwenson;485927 Wrote:

> Next I tried from TinySC. This is just flac since it does not support
> wav and TinySC does not do transcoding, so the same FLAC procesing is
> going on as when streaming FLAC from the external SBS. Interestingly
> enough this sounded slightly better than the FLAC from SBS, but not
> nearly as good as the PCM from SBS. Its was similar to the FLAC from SBS
> but had just a little more subtlety and "sparkle".

But in a previous test in another thread, you seemed to judge the audio
quality a bit compromized with the internal server:

JohnSwenson;481447 Wrote:
> You CAN run a USB DAC over a USB hub, I have done it. I have also run
> the USB DAC AND a USB drive on the hub using the internal server. It
> does WORK but the sound quality suffers.
>
> So whether you run off the internal server or over a network depends on
> how much of an audiophile you are and how much you value the internal
> server capability.
>
> A good USB DAC used with a networked server sounds very good, its not
> quite as good with the internal server. (its not so much the hub, but
> the extra load on the processor)
>
> John S.

So, am I missing something, or did your recent test made you change
your opinion about the audio quality of the Touch with the internal
server vs an external server ?

--
rotho