technobear wrote:
> How many more times!

Why are you ranting? The device is not released yet.

> They fall into two broad categories - amplitude domain distortion and
> time domain distortion - commonly known as noise and jitter as I said in
> an earlier post.

You just described all possible errors in any audio devices. What is
your point?

> Where these distortions arise and why is a matter for investigation but
> it has nothing to do with the software or the decoding - that was
> perfected long ago.

On what basis do you make this claim?

In most modern audio devices, the distinction between hardware and
software is much more fuzzy than you are making it out to be. Nearly
everything has a DSP.

My troll detector is starting to move the meters.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/