Presently I am the owner of a squeezebox duet. In order to listen to my
own music collection I need either a computer or a disk station running.
I have chosen for a disk station (Synology 107+ with SSODS).

Somehow I have the feeling that things can be simplified.

I understand that the Squeezebox Touch has a USB connection.
My (MP3) music collection is about 3 GB. I own a 9 GB USB stick. It is
possible to install Linux "disk station" software, the Squeezebox Touch
software and my music collection all on a USB stick and run it from
there?
In that way I do not need a computer running or a disk station in order
to listen to my music collection. That would be the perfect solution.
The next question would be if somehting like this would be possible for
the Duet receiver, although it has no USB connection.

Maybe I see things too simple but I am interested if anybody has any
ideas.

--
Polar