iwannatouch;515172 Wrote:
> I fail to see anything devious or misleading in this advertisement. I
> expect many touch users will pick up and hold the unit when using the
> touch screen to make a selection. Otherwise, wouldn't it be prone to
> slide around on the surface on which it is placed? I don't think I'll be
> doing this, however, since I plan to hook mine up to my stereo and a
> 1-2TB drive, and control it with a droid phone with remote app.
I think the advert is showing a strange use of the Touch that most
users will not adopt. I've had a beta Touch for about a year now, and I
have never picked it up or held it in my lap to use it as a remote. This
includes several months when I was using it only to control an SB3, and
therefore did not have any audio cables connected to it. It has a solid
base with rubberized feet, so it doesn't slide when you place it on a
shelf or a component and use the touchscreen.

Obviously I don't speak for all SB users. Maybe some will want to use
it as depicted in the video, but I have to think it will be a very, very
small minority.

--
aubuti