baardbaard;516644 Wrote:
> So who are you guys to criticize me and other for hearning that PS make
> a difference? I think you guys have to work with your attitude. I can’t
> se why my opening statement possible couldn’t have offended you when you
> read what other well regarded web sites write about this issue.
>

> "We replace the noisy, switching power supply with a large, linear
> power supply.”
> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/bolder-cable-company-squeezebox-duet-review.htm
>
> ”First, the stock switching power supply is woefully inadequate for the
> critical listening that we audiophiles do.”
> http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1205/slimdevices_squeezebox.htm
>
> When I moved from the standard SMPS (that is supplied with the SB3) to
> my DIY linear PSU, I could clearly hear a difference in the sound,
> despite only using the SB3 as a digital transport.
> http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/phsb3_psu_e.html

The mere fact that you just had to come back one more time on this
tells its own story.

You said you were an engineer? - try some engineering then, instead of
putting faith in dubious magazine articles and even more dubious
internet links.

Prove your replacement supply improves the audio replay quality... or
even that it changes it in a truly noticeable way.

Does Paul Hynes actually have a Touch and has he actually tested his
regs with it? - I hope so because anyone claiming a blanket improvement
over "SB3/Touch" as if they were similar had better have actually tested
that. The two devices are very different - especially in terms of the
areas that might be improved by the PSU!

As for Ben Duncan - someone whose work I have studied over the last 30
years - I doubt he would make such claims unless he actually had a Touch
and had tested it.

Stop trolling and provide some FACTS.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio