mortslim wrote:
> 1. I am not aware of any content that was ORIGINALLY recorded and made
> commercially available at that resolution.

I agree with this.

> Even if it was available,
>
> 2. Most people over the age of 30 couldn't hear anything beyond 24/48
> anyway.

I do not agree with this. I will agree that most people over 30 can't
hear over 20kHz, and few can hear over 17kHz.

But part of the claims are that support higher frequency signals avoids
the evil brick wall filters needed at the Nyquist rate. So while there
is little signal up there, and none of the widely used microphones
record up there, I'm not willing to say that the filters are inaudible.

I will say that 24/192 is silly. But a case can be made for 24/88.2 or 24/96

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/