I apologize if this question has already been asked in these forums...

The Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player is capable of streaming lossless audio
from a hard drive. Using a DLNA compatible server such as Asset UPnP,
you can stream your FLAC (or any) tracks to your hi-fi system as long
as the Oppo is hardwired into an Ethernet connection. Although the
software is somewhat cumbersome to use, it essentially accomplishes
what a squeezebox will. Plus instead of a touchscreen, you have your
plasma TV (or whatever) display to play around on.

My question is- should I keep my Touch on preorder? Or is DLNA capable
hardware simply going to make this stuff obsolete?

My guess it that the DAC is slightly better in the Touch but doubt it's
much better than the SE version on the Oppo. I'm sure the Touch
navigation is better but that can likely be improved upon in the Oppo.
There's a good thread on this on AVSforum for those that are
interested. Any comments from the Squeezebox gurus?

--
srayan