I don;t know the details of the oppo interface but usually DLNA rnabled
players use soemthing like TWONKY media to achieve the purpose (I used
to run this on a PS3 when I first started gtting interested inn digital
music streaming).

Compared to the squeezeboxes (any of them) the interfaces tend to be
basic and rether difficult. You have few or none of the search options
or access to the wealth of options a well organised and tagged library
can offer. There is patc hy support of streaming services such as
Napster/last fm etc etc which you will definitely miss not having.
Finally you may need your power hungry tv on to listen to music unless
thre is an interface on the oppo facepanel that is usable (most
aren't). The novelty of that soon wore off for me, though cover art can
be pretty to display there are ways of doing this with squeeze box - and
with a touch or duo it is very  well done.

The squeezebox line and the plugins that come along with it really do
set themselves above anything I know of that is DLNA. You can always
use this in addition to your squeezeboxes as it accesses the same
files. The DAC in the oppo will be pretty godd - but what I hear about
the touch is that it is unlikely to be beaten and especially as it can
(when avaialble) decode at higher resolutions the audio will be
superior.

So no comparison - but this is a squeezebox forum .....

--
linvale

Squeezcenter running on ACER R1600 Windows XP
Fileserver ReadyNAS Duo
Main Listening Transporter / Controller
Kitchen : SB3
Bedroom : Boom