Swimmerbird123;532266 Wrote:
> I have my SB3 connecting wirelessly to my network in bridge mode, and
> then a music server wired directly into the SB3 with a crossover cable.
> It is a great way to combine the reliability of a wired interface for
> streaming my music library with the convenience of placing the computer
> and SB3 near my stereo, not near my router.

Well I wouldn't necessarily consider placing the computer near the
stereo a convenience, and if I understand correctly your setup is no
more wired than if you had used a wireless connection straight from
your computer. It still involves two wireless hops even if they use the
same endpoints for both.

Swimmerbird123;532266 Wrote:
> But with the Touch, if i understand it right, I should be able just to
> connect the Touch to my network in the normal (non-bridged) wireless
> way, and then simply plug a large USB drive with my music library on it
> into the Touch, and thus have the same streaming reliability as before.
Well, there are less networking involved so from that perspective it
should definitely be more reliable.

Anyhow, I don't think this in any way negates the niftiness nor the
need for the wireless bridge function. While the setup you're running
today apparently works, I think it's pretty unique. My guess is that
people mostly use the bridge for puposes other than providing the SBS
with network access.

--
alfista