erland;534846 Wrote:

> I do agree that it's painfully obvious that the Logitech organization
> isn't used to launching popular products which people is willing to
> pre-order before they have reached the market. It's also painfully
> obvious that they aren't used to handle release delays, which are quite
> common in software focused projects but a bit less common in hardware
> focused projects as most other Logitech products. Logitech is probably
> more used to releasing products which you decide to buy when you see
> them in the store

Agreed, and with much of the Logitech product line it's not a big deal
if the -exact- item you want is out of stock.  Buy a different
keyboard, mouse, or speakers...

The SB line has no real replacement: it's not something you could
easily get for roughly the same price from some other vendor, and a
given SB model may suit your usage far far better than any other Sb
model.  (A Radio or Boom is no replacement for a receiver.. and for
many a Duet is a better match for their needs than a touch.)

That complicates their inventory a bunch since running out of stock of
a given SKU does contribute to lost sales, which the keyboard and mice
people don't have to worry about nearly as much.

And, yeah, few buy a keyboard online.  If your keyboard died, who can
wait for a new one in the mail?

--
snarlydwarf