crazyj;535075 Wrote:
> Have you heard that Logitech sold a bunch with a coupon code in the US
> that brought it down to $225 USD?  That makes the $379 CAD even more
> painful.
>
> Wish I could even order one, as Logitech Canada doesn't seem to be
> inclined to release any.  Why do we always get the back seat to the US.
> It's the same market, same products, just with a pesky border.

Yes, I saw the offer in the forum and groaned--you have to have a US
address in order to order from the US Logitech site. It is annoying
that the price is so much higher in Canada. Companies price products
higher in Canada and other market segments because they can. The US has
a much larger market than Canada and, I suspect, more assertive
consumers. That may change at some point, but for now we are stuck with
this miserable situation.

Today, the CDN dollar is actually higher than the US dollar. And, with
a projected interest rate hike in June by the Bank of Canada, it is
likely to stay at par or higher than the US dollar for some time. At
some point, US suppliers might concede some price points owing to
consumer demand/outrage, as the book sellers did in 2007/8. However, in
that case, it was the bookstores that suffered, not the publishers or
distributors who maintained similar levels of price discrimination.
It's the same story, only worse, for cars, where the markups are both
huge and unjustifiable.

I note that a CDN reseller (http://solutionsav.ca/oppo.html) stated in
the Canuck Audio Mart forum that he is going to see what he can do with
the price once it is released in Canada
(http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13087&start=15).
However, it sucks that he is the one who has to cut his profit margin
because the CDN distributor won't budge on the price.

I guess we just have to be patient and wait until the Touch is more
widely available at online retailers. However, if I see that Solutions
AV is attempting to bring the price down for consumers, I will
seriously consider purchasing one from the company once they get
inventory.

--
dmg