squeezetouch;535251 Wrote:
> Sorry forgot to mention.
> Restart your network or reboot the Touch after the change in
> 'interfaces'.
>
> Ron

restart the player should do it (it usually does) will try to boot
router too.

Must have missed some tiny tiny thing

I suppose you get DNS because you left the udhcp action in there ?
I wanted to aviod that script function whatever.

My goal initially with the controller was to aviod all dchp stuff
anywhere near my squeezebox system :) It have worked splendidly for
over 2 years never have any weird network problems. There where doubts
about the staability of the dhcp implementation in the controller,
initially it had problems

Static settings everywhere makes wonders for stability (and using a
router with tomato software or dd-wrt)

In principle I want static for fixed parts of my network, my mobile
stuff use dhcp laptops phones etc.

I wish the devs could get working on that static-ip when dchp server is
present bug :rolleyes: since 2007/2008 hmm. I really is basic
functionality.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this