Hans_NL;535330 Wrote:
> Yes, prices in Europe are generally much higher, even when we consider
> the difference in taxes. Europe is also a somewhat smaller market, and
> a 2-year unconditional warranty is mandatory in most countries. Add the
> fact that you're an early adopter and you know that something has to
> give....

Being an early adopter never bothered me. I'm not asking for a rebait
on the numerous Slimp3's that I bought nearly 10 years ago.

The EU has nearly double the population of the US, if you count the
whole continent europe gets up to nearly 3 x the population of the US.
If europeans really is that much richer than americans, then they must
sell a lot more in europe than in the states. If the device price is
double then the profit margin a lot more that that, therefore they have
to sell less devices over here to get their cost back...

Hans_NL;535330 Wrote:

> If you don't like the price level of a Touch, you can always look at
> the competition (depending on your requirements). The Sagem My Web 500
> comes to mind (82 euro), or the similar priced Muvid IR 615.

I have my touch on preorder. I'll probably end up buying a couple of
them to replace the SB3s. I used to order 10 at a time directly for the
states... Those were the good ol days..

--
Sike