Slight progress.

The mapped drive was to media-sda1 on Squeezebox Touch -
squeezeboxtouch (Squeezeboxtouch) but there is also

logs on Squeezebox Touch - squeezeboxtouch (Squeezeboxtouch)

that contains "cores/nmbd","cores/smbd" and "watchdog" which are empty
and 7 files
("log.main_pc","log.smbd","log.nmbd","log.0.0.0.0","log.192.168.2.17","wtmp"
and "messages").

I've attached "messages" as it is the largest and looks like a
logfile.

However by the time I got to this point I am seeing slightly different
problems from OP:- I am trying to use STS to stream FLAC synchronised
to itself, a Receiver and a Radio.

The sync is correct but frequently interrupted (rebuffering) and
sometimes stops (but switching Touch in and out of standby seems to
restart it). At 9:37 I had message "problem connecting to Squeezebox
Touch Server" (may not have got wording spot on) on the Touch itself.

Not sure if this is useful to you.

|Filename: messages.zip                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9626|

DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio (Touch ordered)
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone - wifi died!!]
7.5.0 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich