KJAM;535589 Wrote:

> One other thing...Do i need to have a complete scan of my drive to
> actually use it with the Touch?  I'm not even sure i understand how the
> scanning works and what it's purpose is. If my music files scanned fine
> and only the album art failed to scan...can I play my music and just
> not see the art...or does the whole drive need to scan before I can do
> anything?

The scan builds a database of information about the music files, which
can come from the tags or directory structure (or both). This is used
for searching and sorting your library based on said track information.
Without the DB the only thing you can do is access the music by filename
(the music folder option).

It also does stuff with your cover art, making it usable by the player.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson