bingcrosby;538001 Wrote:
> So what will happen if I attach a USB hard drive to a new Touch, and
> there is a folder with over 100 songs and a few images in it?  Will the
> scan crash?
Scanning has nothing to do with playlists, it just registers all tracks
on the drive in the database so that you can browse by artist, genre,
etc.. There is no limit (at least none I'm aware of) on the number of
tracks in total.

bingcrosby;538001 Wrote:
> If it does scan properly, and I then want to play all the tracks in that
> folder, would that not work?  Couldn't I just navigate to that folder
> and then "Play all"?
Pressing "Play" automatically creates the "Now Playing" playlist from
the object (folder, album, genre, or whatever) you have selected. It
will add as many tracks as it finds, or until the limit is reached, and
then play that list.

bingcrosby;538001 Wrote:
> I'm not really interested in creating playlists (I plan to listen to
> tracks as if they were on a CD) but I do have some folders with over
> 100 music files.
You can't play anything unless it is on a playlist. :) You don't have
to create playlists yourself, but there is always the list of what is
currently playing which is created automatically when you press play.

--
usch