perose;538258 Wrote:
> OK WIFI pretty much sucks for security but your analogy is a bit flawed.
> If I have a friend or need an emergence vehicle to find me I'm happy to
> share the info. And if the SSID is sent in the clear in every packet
> why won't the Touch find it? Just wondering....

Not broadcasting the SSID does absolutely nothing to protect your
network.  NOTHING.

It does break many devices and software and just makes your wifi
network that much more of a PITA.  However it does NOTHING to hide or
protect your wifi network.  If you do not believe us download
http://airsnort.shmoo.com/ and try it out on your "hidden" wifi
network.

Enable SSID broadcast and forget about it.

--
m1abrams