This is a helpful discussion - so much to learn about networking!

I'm curious how mysqueezebox.com handles a static IP address. I've been
experimenting a bit and using the Touch diagnostic screen to check the
assigned IP address of the Touch with various connection arrangements.
Running off the router or a second subnet also with DHCP, it gets
assigned an expected IP address on the corresponding subnet.  But when
the Touch is running off of mysqueezebox.com, it gets assigned an IP of
the form 68.xxx.yyy.zzz which is an 'external' WAN address, not a LAN
address.

Am I right to assume that mysqueezebox.com is assigning this address,
and doing it with some kind of DHCP, or would it be my ISP?  What would
mysqueezebox.com (or my ISP) do if I had already assigned a static IP to
my Touch?

Thanks
Swimmer

--