mherger;538352 Wrote:
> > Are you seeing a delay when using the Touch UI (with your fingers) or
> the remote control? Hitting +/- on the screen or dragging the volume
> indicator?

Michael,

I've plowed through the code today, and made some good progress on the
volume slow issue. It seems it might be a dance between reliability
(not overshooting) and responsiveness.  How can I go about making this
a parameter somewhere so that I don't need to reset this with every
FlashROM update?

Solution (for me).  These changes make it almost EXACTLY the same as my
SB3's (~ 5 seconds from 0 -> 100 volume).  This also speeds up the menu
responsiveness considerably:

in /usr/share/jive/jive/ui/IRMenuAcel.lua

Change:
INITIAL_ITEM_CHANGE_PERIOD

>From 350 to 200 (150 was just a tad-too jittery)

Change the acceleration algorithm to this:

>                 if self.itemChangeCycles ==
> self.cyclesBeforeAccelerationStarts then
> self.itemChangePeriod = self.itemChangePeriod /
> 2
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 80 then
> scrollBy = 64
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 60 then
> scrollBy = 32
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 50 then
> scrollBy = 16
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 40 then
> scrollBy = 8
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 30 then
> scrollBy = 4
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 16 then
> scrollBy = 2
> elseif self.itemChangeCycles > 6 then
> self.itemChangePeriod = 0 -- full speed
> end

Also, I keep bricking my machine when I've got a typo in my edits - any
way to make THAT not happen!?

I think I'm going to like this new Squeezebox.  You don't know how much
I hate Perl.  :-)

-Dan

--
plympton