This will be my final post in this thread (global sighs of relief)...

1) The EULA agreement for an SACD dramatically restricts the rights of
the "end-user" - which is specifcally the purchaser/"owner" - or more
accurarately the licensee - of the disc.

2) the EULA has no relevance to the copyright HOLDER of the content of
the SACD, they are by definition not an "end-user" or licensee. Their
rights supersede the EULA.

3) Making a DSD stream available outside of the box of an SACD player
in the manner discussed earlier in this thread does not violate DMCA.
NO encryption or copy protection is being circumvented. The encrypted
data sits on the disc itself. The Sony-licensed chipset is always being
used to decrypt it.

Once decrypted by legitimate means, the DSD stream is freely available
whether Sony like it or not. Simply attaching a couple of wires to a
chip can give you access to the legally DECRYPTED DSD stream. DMCA
cannot prevent this (and doesn't seek to). Nor can Sony (although they
don't like it, they can't actually prevent it). I've studied the
documentation for my (Sony!!) SACD player (which I don't use by the
way) very carefully and can find no mention of any legal restriction
that prevents me from taking the legally decrypted DSD stream and doing
anything with it that I want to (except of course I am completely
constrained by the EULA that applies to the discs and their
content...). However, the copyright holder of the content is not bound
by the EULA.

All of which goes to explain why there have been no legal actions
surrounding this particular issue(AFAIK) and why there won't be in the
future.

If there were, the copyright holder would win.

The supreme irony here of course is that in some cases Sony itself is
the copyright holder... :-)

Ciao!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio