ratso;539872 Wrote:
> does seem strange. i have been away from squeezbox for a while but i
> could do a lot more things with my old SB3. almost seems like a step
> backwards in this respect. not to badmouth the new touch - i love it so
> far. if i am reading some of the bug report correctly, it seems like
> they wanted to get it out to market and maybe some of this is coming
> soon?

I think they deliberately want to simplify it, there s a lot of good
reasons for that. "Lets focus on things that actually impacts how you
interact with the music".

A quagmire of bizzare UI options that's only there to please folks
aesthetics sense, may be hard to test and maintain with a small team of
dev's .

Support may also be pleased when they can guide folks trough the menu,
knowing where things actually are.

Never the less I thinks it's here 3'rd party dev's come in to the
picture .
The licensing for the SqueezePlay that resides on the players had
recently been opened up so 3'rd party dev's actually can do things.
Duet was launched with a much more strict license so nobody modified or
made applets for it that is also fixed).

Hopefully there will be a rush of activity as now both server and
client are open to play with.

I'm going to try Erlands screensavers now..

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this