pounce;540239 Wrote:
> Not being as intimate with the inner working as much as you or many of
> the others...By Native I mean to add the functionality as core code and
> not in the form of an applet or otherwise.

That doesn't make any difference. Most functionality in the user
interface of the Touch or controller is being implemented as applets,
most functionality in the server as plugins. Native or 3rd party is
only a question of who writes the code

> Are you suggesting that the Controller cannot control a Touch when you
> say "no remote control other than IR"?
No. What I've been saying - and I wrote this twice now, is that you
need to go through a server to do that. That's been the case with all
older SB models - you were only controlling them through the server -
but it's NOT the case for applets. You can't remotely control applet
functionality form a Controller, a web UI, iPeng or whatever unless you
implement that functionality in the server and use the applet only for
the user interface.

--
pippin

---