Gomez;541482 Wrote:
> Hi
> Hope you don't mind but in your sig I noticed you are running a Touch
> & usb hard drive in your Expedition, any chance of a few details on how
> you got this set up, power supply etc.
> I want to use one in our motorhome but on the 12v leasure supply, any
> details would be most useful.

If its a dedicated supply, you could run an inverter for the Touch and
then use a large USB drive also. I would only do this if this 12VDC
didn't drop to low when starting the vehicle to cause the inverter to
drop the Touch and USB drive.

As for what I did, I installed a 4 Amp DC/DC 12 to 5 VDC power supply
to power the Touch and I am using a 640GB USB powered Toshiba USB
Drive. The Touch sits in the little cubby hole in front of the cup
holders with the USB drive sitting on top of the metal touch support.
RCA outs run to Aux In on the head unit.

I will try to answer any questions you might have. I also have a bad
habit of offering advice when asked for suggestions.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom