iPhone;541521 Wrote:
> If its a dedicated supply, you could run an inverter for the Touch and
> then use a large USB drive also. I would only do this if this 12VDC
> didn't drop to low when starting the vehicle to cause the inverter to
> drop the Touch and USB drive.
>
> As for what I did, I installed a 4 Amp DC/DC 12 to 5 VDC power supply
> to power the Touch and I am using a 640GB USB powered Toshiba USB
> Drive. The Touch sits in the little cubby hole in front of the cup
> holders with the USB drive sitting on top of the metal touch support.
> RCA outs run to Aux In on the head unit.
>
> I will try to answer any questions you might have. I also have a bad
> habit of offering advice when asked for suggestions.

Thanks Mate
The supply is off the leisure battery so engine cranking does not
affect it. I am not too keen on running inverters they tend to be a bit
wasteful when your not on mains hook up.
I am using a Samsung s2 500g bus powered external hard drive that
works perfectly with the Touch and even goes to sleep after 5 Mins
idle.
The 4 AMP DC/DC 12V TO 5V PSU sounds perfect and should consume far
less power.
Did you make the DC/DC Psu or buy it ?

Thanks for your time

--
Gomez

Gomez......

1 x SB3 + Audio Engine 2s
1 x Touch + Marantz SR7002 + B&W Cdm1 Se
3 x Duet receivers Tag Mclaren pre power amps etc etc
Bravo valve headphone amps
Cowon D2+ Dab