minerva;542187 Wrote:
> I know it's really pie in the sky, but would there be a way to hack a
> line in in the Touch?
>
> I'd love to be able to stream my record player across the house.
>
> I note that the Squeezebox Radio has one, so perhaps some of the
> hardware exists?
>
> I'm not afraid of soldering (had a job in my teens prototyping PCB's,
> including SMD stuff) and hacking Linux is fine, I've been doing that
> since the mid 90's.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Question: Are you using Squeezebox Server or are you thinking of only
using TinySC on the Touch? If you have a full version of Squeezebox
Server (SBS) running, I believe there is a plugin you can use to pull
any audio into SBS by using the sound card in your PC. There is a
thread someplace talking about being able to bring local radio that is
not streamed on the Internet into ones PC to put back out through
Squeezeboxes. Somebody might remember the thread or the plugin.

If this is possible, no hack needed. Just a sound card with an input
and SBS running on a server.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom