kdf;551038 Wrote:
> TinySBS is the same thing as squeezeboxserver, except that it it run
> with different command line switches.
>
> /usr/bin/perl /usr/squeezecenter/slimserver.pl --charset utf8 --noweb
> --notranscoding --nosb1slimp3sync --nostatistics --noinfolog
> --nodebuglog --logfile syslog
>
> So, the main 'feature' differences are no web interface, no
> transcoding, no sync for any players earlier than SB2, no statistics
> calculations and no info or debug level logging.  This reduces the
> memory footprint and the performance overhead.
>
> Without the web interface, of course, most prefs are not accessible so
> it also runs with the default settings, including the use of sqlite as
> the database engine.
>
> -kdf

D A N G  ! ! !

So you cannot control a touch via the webUI? Disappointment does not
begin to describe the feeling.

No transcoding? From the webpage "WMA Lossless, APE, MPC and WavPack
supported through transcoding"

So "statistics" calculations <like the old "server statistics"> has
been available lately? "Network test" is a joke.

The only reason I'd be concerned with SQLLite is that there is no way
logitech is going to make merge of "in-house" servers available.

Look around. There is no "niche" for my beloved when things don't get
along.

I'd be interested in knowing the touch architect. Not the hardware guy,
the guy who said it would be better to appeal to the "next to the pool,
Oh yeah we can start over with the new dongle crowd."

Paul

--
pski

real stereo doesn't wake neighbors (it enrages them)

.