Kuja;552190 Wrote:
> Maybe some 60,000 tracks. :(
>
> Also my 24/7 SqueezeCenter dedicated PC is a small mini ITX board
> thingy (1.2GHz VIA C7 platform) with all passive cooling, 1GB RAM, so
> there is not a big processing power in it.
>
> With new SB Touch, I was hoping to maybe even get get rid of it.

If you already have an external server stay with it. What you already
have has way more compute power than what is on the Touch, which is
500MHz and 128Mb memory which has to be used by both the player
software and the server software if you plug in an external drive.

You will have a much better experience if you just keep that server and
use it to drive the Touch over the network.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson