Kuja;552191 Wrote:
> I don't see why... besides browsing by genre, year, etc, it can simply
> browse the music folders.
>
> May some hack/patch/code could be made by someone?
>
> Something like this patch for fixing the volume at 100%:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77837

Its WAY WAY WAY more complex than that. There are hundreds (probably
thousands) of places in the code that access the database. If its not
there they are going to crash. It HAS to be there.

What is theoretically possible is a small database which only has say 1
song in it. As new songs are pointed at by the "folder" approach they
get added to the database (even if you use "folder", accesses to the
database still happen). Unfortunately even this is not easy. I've been
trying to hack something together for a couple weeks and have been
constantly running into roadblocks at every turn. The system was just
not designed to do this. The dependence on the database is so pervasive
that any attempt at limiting it is  turning out to be very difficult.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson