erland;553178 Wrote:
> Maybe someone should give Logitech a call and ask them instead of
> spreading rumors based on guesses and third party sources ?
>
> Or maybe someone from Logitech reading this thread could just deny or
> confirm it ?
>
> Sure, Logitech might discontinue their top of the line consumer music
> player 2 months after it has been released when many reviewers gives it
> high ratings, but do you guys really think this is the case ?
> Of course, nothing really surprises me anymore but why would they do
> this ?
> Because a few users have problems with it ? No product have 100%
> satisfied users.
>
> A more probable reason for this is probably that the factory isn't able
> to keep up with the demand so they are just temporary out of stock. Due
> to this they might have to focus on fewer retailers. I'm just guessing,
> but it feels like discontinue the Touch would be somewhere at the end of
> the list, there can be a lot of other reasons why Crutchfield don't have
> them in stock.
Say what you will, but I'm not spreading rumors. I've only reported
what I've seen on Crutchfield's website, and what one of their agents
chatted to me. How is that third party? I'd say that would be second
party at worst. Admittedly, a possibly misinformed second party in the
case of the Crutchfield agent. Anyhow, this thread is not so concerned
about the discontinuance of the Touch from Logitech, as it's
availability from Crutchfield.

As far as being temporarily out of stock goes, Crutchfield usually
indicates such on their site. Of course, this could be due to somebody
miscoding something in their inventory/webpage. Again, just reporting
the facts as I see 'em.

--
mdaudioguy