I want to thank this community's senior members for making it crystal
clear to me (sorry it took so long). The Touch as it is - is not the
Touch that Logitech says it is. If I expect it do the things I want it
to do, like handling a large library from an EHD, I am likely to be
frustrated and/or disappointed. As confusing as this experience has
been for me, I cannot imagine what it's like for those beta-testers who
worked so hard to get the Touch to do as much as it does.

Again, thanks for all the information and advice. Maybe some day
Logitech will make something that fits my needs, but for now I think
it's better if I keep may hands off a Touch (lame pun intended).

--
iwannatouch