All my 24/96 files play on the Touch without any problem. BUT only when
scanning is successfully completed. As long as any scanning process is
running, 24/96 files will not play without stuttering. This seems as
intended to me: on my other server I also don't play music when
(re)scanning is going on.

Another point is the scanning process itself. I have tried to let the
Touch scan an exact copy of the library of my main server, but it
always stops somewhere during the artwork scan with an out of memory
eror. I have tried to fix this by making the artwork smaller, but
without success. I now have decided to start from scratch and copy
files to a new disk in batches. So far no problem. I have enough music
for a 'holiday collection' (3200 tracks), but intend to go on to see
where the problem lies (my main collection has almost 20000 tracks).

Teus

--
Teus de Jong