Kuja;560175 Wrote:
> I always wanted to separate my workstations from hazards of the
> Internet, so I never needed a router that would connect together all my
> PCs.
You could connect the computers together via a router without exposing
them to the internet. And with basic router technology and firewall
software it is easy to expose them to the internet without a lot of
risk. Probably with a lot less risk than your current setup of having
your "internet pc" connected directly to your modem, where it is very
exposed unless you've done something special to use a private IP
address instead of the public IP address it gets from the cable modem.

After seeing your details I concede that it may well be possible to
work the Touch into your setup without a router, but it would have to
be wired, not wireless. And you'd probably have to set up one of your
PCs as a go-between. But a router would be a lot easier. And probably
more secure as well. Decent consumer wireless routers are available for
around US$50, so that would be my advice.

--
aubuti