struts;560475 Wrote:
> Not quite sure whom you were 'pestering' here, but if it was me then the
> answer is 'yes, it will work' in the sense that properly terminated it
> will power the Touch, assuming power-consuming USB peripherals are not
> being used.  However I really cannot say if it will offer any
> appreciable sound quality improvement over the original wall-wart.  If
> you try it please let us know how you get on.

I am toying with it. I think they might do a 36w 4a version too. To my
uneducated eye it looked like a high quality product .Although -at
nearly 60 quid plus the price of termination- it's  not cheap as chips,
it is a lot less than the audiophile power supplies. The specs looked
good to me too (although I confess to knowing bugger all).

Incidentally I chatted today with Brent at audio upgrades who is
working on a squeezebox ps and mods for the touch. He was of the view
that he could do similar mods to those on the classic. Interestingly a)
he thought they should be done prior to getting a linear power supply
and b) he was undeterred by the suggestion that the touch might be too
small and fiddly to work with inside.
I had no joy trying to buy the bolder cables recommended unit.

--
adamdea