iPhone;562779 Wrote:
> Think you are fine with SBS 7.6. The Touch is trying to log into
> MySB.com so it can update to the newest Firmware.

Yes, my thoughts too.

iPhone;562779 Wrote:
> Have a go at this. Try doing a back swipe to get off the spinny screen.
> Then press and hold down the Back/Left Button until it drops back to
> the Home Screen. Then goto Settings>Advanced>Update> and select your
> Server not MySB.com as the place you want the update from. Update and
> all should be well.

Sadly, "back swipe" doesn't work. I can't get out of the spinny screen,
so I have no options to change any settings.

I've tried going into the diagnostics screens from the Help menu, but
the "Software Update" option therein is non-functional (I have the
latest fab4 firmware on a SD card). FWIW, the currently loaded firmware
is 7.4 r6269.

Not sure where to go from here. I spoke to Richard T earlier and he
suggested I dropped Felix an email, which I have done.

iPhone;562779 Wrote:
> I really hate this "has to be connected to the Internet" to setup the
> Touch. They should have put a menu page in that asks if you have
> Internet connectivity and if you answer NO, then a warning that if the
> Touch is being setup for the first time it needs a connection to get a
> proper Firmware Update, but allow those that are current to move
> forward without Internet. A warning and instructions is far better then
> being forced to HAVE to have an Internet connection.
>
> Or have a warning page come up that says it is best to have an Internet
> connection when setting up the Touch for the first time so it can get
> the latest Firmware with an option to establish Connectivity or Proceed
> Without it!

Agreed. The requirement to update firmware on first connect is a
serious usability fail from Logitech, in my view.

R.

--
robinbowes