Hi,
I just got my Squeezebox Touch recently and managed to get everything
working including the external HDD. I am using a non powered Seagate
Expansion 500GB drive and it is working fine. Basically I used the
Seagate utility to ensure that it runs all the time and does not
spindown. I followed John Swensen’s advice, leaving the Squeezebox
Touch to finish building the database before doing anything else. I
also managed to get the Chinese Fonts working using the tips on this
forum. Thanks. Chinese Fonts are a must in Singapore so I don’t know
why Logitech does not have them installed by default over here.

Anyway, I have a few queries regarding album art for the Squeezebox
Touch.
I used EAC to create the flacs from my CDs, so I don’t have album art.
I now want to try getting album art on my SB Touch.

1)      Is it better to embed album art with the flac files or should I
create a new folder and put the album art there? By better, I mean less
problems for SB Touch during the scanning process and more stable
connection with the USB HDD.

And two related questions on album art.
2)      Is there a utility that can easily convert my current flacs that do
not have album art to flacs that have embedded album art?
3)      Is there a utility that can obtain all the album art for my flacs
but this time the album art will be saved in a new folder created to
house the album art.

Thanks for any help regarding this issue. I am pretty happy with the
experience so far.

--
ryyjjyyr