I own a Squeezebox Touch and a Squeezebox Controller. Next to that we
use iPeng to control the Touch too.
A separate server is used to store the music libraries. This server is
normally off, and only turned on using WOL and will automatically
suspend/hibernate again if not being used anymore.

I have several problems/questions with these combinations and I hope
someone can answer them:
1. Both the controller and iPeng seem to need the server to be turned
on in order to control the Touch, even if that one is connected to
mysqueezebox.com and playing internet radio.
2. On the Touch Soma FM is installed, but can't be controlled by both
the Controller and iPeng with the server turned off.
3. Favorites don't work on the Touch without the server turned on.
4. If the Touch is playing internet radio (also visible on the
Controller), and then turned off, for some reason the Controller keeps
waking-up the server for no reason (the server auto-suspends after 10
minutes of idling). This is very annoying. The suspend/wake-up cyclus
of the server stops when I shutdown the Controller, so it is definately
the controller that monitors my server and does the WOL thingy

BTW, I'm not using the internal Squeezebox Server of the Touch but
wonder if some of the above problems (unwanted dependency on the
server) could be solved that way, or that some things are just bugs!

--
Mars Warrior