yes, I'm almost sure, but wait for confirmation from someone else to be
100%. However, I am 100% sure that you can do the following:  Buy a
cheap WIFI router ($49 maybe). Hook it up at your cabin. Connect your
laptop to the router with ethernet (preferred method). Then you can put
the TOUCH and the speakers anywhere you want within WIFI range. Have the
Touch connect to the router via WIFI. You do NOT need an internet
connection.  Your music library and SbS will be on your laptop. You'll
tell SbS (on your laptop) the directory containing your music library.
Then you'll turn on your ToUCH and it will connect to the SbS server
that is on your laptop and play music through the powered speakers.

And you actually don't need the laptop at all. Put your music on a USB
external drive. One with its own power is preferred. Connect the USB
drive to the USB port on the TOUCH. Let the TOUCH scan the drive and
tell the touch that you are using the internal SbS ("tinySbS").  When
done, you'll be able to play all your music via the touch without
needing a router or the laptop (or an internet connection).

And look at this post. I just purchased an extra TOUCH for $179 with
free next day shipping a few minutes ago.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=81005

--
garym