tusken;568045 Wrote:
> thanks for your replies. i thought i could use the touch to set up the
> receiver properly but clearly not and i would have to use that utility.
> the inability to control it at all with the IR remote puts me off the
> idea.
I don't think you read carefully. You _can_ control the SBR via IR, but
you have to do it through the Touch. On the Touch, use Settings > Choose
Player to choose the SBR. Then all of your commands on the Touch,
whether via the touchscreen or the IR remote, are controlling the SBR.
In this mode the Touch is behaving exactly like the SB Duet Controller.
And, has been pointed out before, if the Touch and SBR are sync'd, your
IR commands for stop, play, pause, change playlist, etc apply equally
to the Touch and the SBR. You can even sync the volume if you like.

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it, and it's '100% wind
powered' (http://www.cleancurrents.com/). MSI Wind desktop (Ubuntu
10.04) feeding: Living room: SB Touch + SBC > NAD C325 BEE >
Vandersteen 1; Kitchen/Dining: SB2 + SBC > AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pair
of Polk RC60i; Basement: SB2 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8; Bedroom:
Boom and SB Radio; Backyard deck: Duet > AudioSource Amp100 > Polk
Atrium 45; Kid's bedroom: SB3 > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; In limbo:SBR
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/