Hi,

I had my touch running fine for a long while. Then, I added to a
new device to my wireless network. To optimise connectivity I did a
site survey and various throughput tests to figure out the best channel
for the AP (a good old WRT54GS).

After that, I only had troubles with the Touch. After a reset, it
would connect fine, but after a short while would report itself as
unconnected. If I asked to run without a network, half of the time it
would not connect to the local server. The default screensaver would
not work (neither unused, neither off). When I would play an album,
sometime it would quit after one of two songs, and sometime show an
empty playlist. All of that quite random, so you would never know what
to expect.

I did not understand why connectivity would be an issue, as there
was no other network on that channel and the adjacent channels, the
touch and the AP are in the same room and in the middle of the house.

Then, I remember that I had put my WRT54GS on channel 1 a long time
ago to solve a connectivity issue with a ralink 2500 PCI card, where the
card would connect to the AP only on channel 1 and not on any other
channel.
So, I put back my WRT54GS on channel 1, and it seems to have cured
all my touch problems : it's now working properly without a glitch.

So, it looks like the touch is very touchy about connectivity
issues. Maybe Logitech should have a list of recommended APs.

Regards,

Jean

--
jean2