Before i start the inevitable, i want to preface this post with the
following

I have read all the other posts concerning USB bus powered hard drives
being a bad idea, but i would really much rather use a bus powered hard
drive than have to use another plug in my setup.

I am hoping that people can post what USB drives (bus powered ONLY) in
touch standalone mode they are using and if they are working.

So many people seem to be getting inconsistent results, I know each
users setup is going to be unique but if we get some answers it will
help me and hopefully other users.

Cheers

--
spamtom