Cheers guys it's good to get some more posts. I am expecting my Toshiba
3260gb USB bus powered drive tomorrow morning, should be the same model
that Iphone and Jean are using.

Just to add i have an old Western digital 250gb My Passport essential
(before they put all that hidden partition VCD rubbish on). It was
formated with one partition NTFS and also tried fat32. Both times the
drive would initially work but after i paused playback and then resumed
about 10 minutes later the drive would disconect from the touch and i
would need to reset the touch for it to recognize the drive again.
Drive model is WD2500MEB-00. Drive works fine on PS3 and pc so probably
a power issue.

--
spamtom