Would anyone be so kind to comment on if it is feasible that the linear
regulated power supply could have caused the screen to go on me?

I have checked it for continuity and everything seems fine there
although I guess it would damage more than just the screen if there was
a problem with the wiring?

I have checked the voltage with a multimeter and it show 5.05 volts. I
am unsure how to check the current, would the Touch need to be running
from the power supply to measure the current draw?

The power supply has been getting warm but I have got holes in the roof
of the enclosure for ventilation. The IEC socket I fitted has a 3 amp
fuse and a switch so I have not been leaving it on when not in use as I
wasn't sure ho hot it might get when left all day.

I guess several folk might say just get rid as it is not worth using
one anyhow but it seems a shame now it is built.

Many thanks,

--
woodnut