I think the argument about the buffer is really good.
Now for sufferers of Audiophila Nervosa using wireless there are two
possibilties:
1) wireless is Evil because it causes the wireless receptor to be
active giving pollution in the system or:
2) wireless is Good, because now that horrible poisoned RFI from the
router or server cannot reach your Squeezebix, at least not by signal
wire.

As always, the truth should be in listening, but that is sometimes
easier said then done, and the A.N. Suffers are very tight.
Me, I love 2), sounds very plausible in combination with the buffer
thing and happens to be convenient to me, since my router and PC are on
the other side of the house.

--
Dura