Waldo Pepper;576817 Wrote:

> I have never seen a modern amp with signal transformers in their audio
> path.

The original question was about a TVC - a Transformer Volume Control.
Its a transformer with multiple taps and a switch used to select the
appropriate tap. Some people like to use these as volume controls. They
do exist and quite a few people buy them.

My injunction was NOT to try and change anything about signal carrying
transformer, I don't see how that is a bad thing. Such transformer DO
exist, yes in tube amps (people still buy and build them) as inputs for
balanced lines and even in DACs.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson