aubuti;579902 Wrote:
> I don't understand how the touchscreen "diminishes the usability" of the
> Touch, other than it looking out of place on a standard rack. If you
> think iPeng is elegant, use that and don't go near the touchscreen.

It's proximity to the listening position that in my view diminishes
some of the Touch's UI benefits.  If the Touch is on your lap or right
in front of you, then it's a different story.  You have the full
advantage of that user experience without leaving your seat.  But then
you've got the cables tethered to the Touch to contend with.

That said, you make a really good point -- that being the touch display
is probably a very small percentage of the SB Touch's overall cost.
With that in mind, I may well buy and SB Touch and use it as a
Receiver.

--
ShutterShock

Tim

Living Room: Duet, Bryston B60R w/built-in DAC, PMC FB1i Speakers
Kitchen: Boom
Bedroom: Boom