JJZolx;579921 Wrote:
> Consider the touch interface a throwaway.  After the initial setup and
> maybe some future setup changes, it's unlikely that you'll use it again
> unless you can't find a remote control.  Like you say, it's inconvenient
> for most people to sit a source component for their audio system
> anywhere near their listening position.  So they use it either like an
> old SB3 with the IR remote (if they can read the smaller text from
> their listening position) or else as an expensive Receiver with a
> Conroller or iPhone app.

Well, there are for sure cases where the touch screen is useful and
will be the main interface. I am buying the Touch for my kids. I
realized my younger ones (4 & 5 yrs old) can't handle Classic too well
via the remote. They kinda can especially after I trimmed the menus to
a bare minimum, but still it's not that strightforward to them (reading
is a hard part, too). Then there is the factor of remote being
misplaced. I hope they will find Touch more intuitive.

Myself I could not care less for Touch and vastly prefer VFDs of my
Transporter, Classics, SB2s and Booms.

--
unclemat